Thursday, May 18, 2017

Fidget Spinners - Where Do They Fit?

At first I was really annoyed by the Fidget Spinners that I saw in the store. The salesman told me that teachers hated them but he was selling a boatload of them.

I observed them in the hands of students in classrooms. Not so bad if there was a discussion going on. Not so bad if the students were watching something off the screen. This reminded me of the times that I knit and watch TV. Not so bad.

BUT... probably not so appropriate when students are asked to write, read, make, work through classroom activities. Then I'd  have to classify them as a distraction except for our special needs students who have them as part of a plan to reward or use up excess energy in a very low attention way. Maybe then.

Read more here:    Education Weekly Article 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scenarios for Opening Schools

This is the most well thought out article that I have read about possible scenarios for opening schools.  Jennifer Gonzalez - Cult of P...